Before we left for WA in January Ian had his one year check up. I went into the Dr with both kids and they were so naughty. The entire time. Getting into cupboards and getting fingers pinched in drawers. At one point the Dr looked at Ian, who was screaming, and said "oh what now?" When I was getting him dressed again when the Dr left he was wiggling so much I grabbed the first thing I saw that he could play with and handed him a glove. Okay, I've seen lots of kids playing with them. Dr's or nurses blow them up to entertain the kid. I handed it to him and it kept him still so I would finish clothing him. I was so flustered and I just wanted to get out of there. It was a rough appt.
On our way out Ian was walking down the hall with Claire and I in tow when another Dr stopped me and "read me the riot act" about giving him a glove and how it is so dangerous. Okay, I probably shouldn't have given him a glove, but I was so desperate to get the kid to be still. I left the office sobbing. My kids were terrible and the doc yelled at me. He made me feel like the worse mom ever. Maybe I am, but who is he to judge? So I switched Dr's.
This morning we had our first appt with the new doc. He was the nicest man ever! Our other doc made me feel bad for bringing Claire to Ian's appts and hardly acknowledged her presence. This new guy talked to Claire and played with her! And the kids were crawling all over the room, as they always do, and he didn't even care. He didn't make me feel like they were naughty. He just said they look normal and healthy. Yay for new Doctors! Oh and the bonus. He's a hotty. After I told Rob that he said he would like to find the oldest ugliest Dr in town for me to take the kids to. HA! Not a chance.
2 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment