Friday, March 14, 2008



This morning we were planning a trip to the movies so I had some good bait for Claire to get her chores done in a timely manner. Also, at some point this morning I was singing, "my flag, my flag, my countries flag..." I was mopping and glanced into the living room and saw Claire's piles of clothes still on the couch. And the girl was MIA.

So I yelled, "Claire, you need to put your clothes away!" She yelled back, "Mom, I need you to wipe my bum!" Yes, I am the official bottom wiper. So I proceeded into the bathroom where she was grabbing her ankles. She said, "Mom, be gentle with my cute little bum. MY BUM, MY BUM, MY LITTLE BUM!" She sang to the previous tune. It was dang funny. Patriotism is in full swing at our house.

3 comments:

Becca said...

What a cutie!! And I'm sure her bum is quite cute as well . . .

dev said...

AHH. i love stuff like that. kids say the darndest things...

Mom Ockey said...

You made me laugh today, Juliann. I love your blog (and all of you too).