Saturday, January 16, 2010

I hate to say I told you so


I have no problem admitting I'm wrong, when I actually AM wrong.


Rob's rule, NO KIDS IN OUR BED.
My rule, If I'm too tired to walk them back to their beds, KIDS CAN SLEEP IN OUR BED.

Yesterday I put clean sheets on our bed, but didn't get to washing the old ones because laundry day is on Monday (and I refuse to do laundry everyday, I'd rather just get it done in one day)
Last night I broke Rob's rule. I got up with Adam, changed his diaper and put him in bed with us. He nursed for a while and was being adorable, we were staring at each other (oh those tender moments) when old faithful erupted. Vomit. All over me. My jammies, my bed, my pillow, my baby...my husband.

Silence filled the room as we cleaned up Adam, ourselves and our bed. We both worked silently me not wanting to admit I was wrong, Rob not wanting to admit the obvious.

Perhaps that is one of the good reasons for his rule.

Rob-4
Juliann-0

6 comments:

tanya said...

Isn't that how it always goes?

Liz Morrill said...

sounds like the ONLY problem there, is that you need a few more pair of sheets! ;)

lis said...

Oh man. You are a good gal to keep score, even when it is what it is :)

Rob and Juliann said...

Elissa, I only keep score on the blog and I only keep it when I am in the wrong. I can't exactly blog about the times that I am right.

Nicole said...

I'm with Bob on this one!

Please change your blog to read:

Rob AND Nicole: 4
Juliann: 0

You know what? Give yourself a point. The zero looks.... so empty. No babies in bed!

:D Make Bobert put the baby back and then it's all good.

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

Ha. Ha. Ha.
Funny girl.