Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ski lessons


Claire started skiing lessons this morning. She did SO good. Although I feel like we cheated. I put her in the "Never Ever" class, although we have gone a few times with her. She didn't meet the requirements for the next class up, so she was the rock star of the class. Mostly there was just a constant cry coming from the smaller kids so Claire being happy and doing good was well received.


When we moved to NH we did NOT ski. We had both been skiing before, but we didn't own skis so going skiing was too expensive. When we got here, we saw a ski hill with lights on several nights a week. Upon further investigation we found out that residents of the city can go and ski for $8! $5 for kids! (they have since up-ed the price to $10 for adults) I only went a few times last year but didn't really enjoy it because I was prego and too nervous to go fast. But last night I went and had SUCH a wonderful time. It is SO peaceful and quiet up there. I also am getting really good (if you don't mind me bragging) so it is much fore enjoyable. It is something that I am truly enjoying.

4 comments:

Karen said...

But it couldn't be more fun than shooting, could it? If not, you a truly a Pelton.

Carla and crew said...

I'm glad someone enjoys that cold weather activity! I'd rather sit in the lodge and read!

April Bishop said...

Our family are skiiers. The girls have all started when they are three. It's awesome how fast they pick up on it. Go Claire!

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

You go... get your ski on... I'll stick to the Wii version... it's warmer... and doesn't have as many chances to fall on my you know what.