Monday, February 1, 2010

Silly Ian

I wish I could show you a picture and you would see just how funny of a kid Ian is. This kid is hilarious sometimes. Often he isn't even trying to be funny, he's just being a little boy. Like this picture (down) for example, riding his bike in the snow? Check out his pants-they're on backwards :)
I have been thinking ALOT. Someday he isn't going to say, Qware, Jew-wee-ann, Wob, Incwedibles, Dino Chwain. There will be a day when he doesn't ask me to "Pway hide and seek" or ask me to make him muffins, hot dogs or Cheeweeo's-often in the same sentence, especially if he's hun-gwee. I am so much enjoying this time in our lives. I'd like to hit pause and keep everyone little. Keep Claire in kindergarten(with all her teeth), keep Ian riding his trike in the snow because he thinks it will work and keep Adam small enough so he is still sweet. These are simple times, filled with laughter. If not laughter than tears, but I like this simple life. I don't want them to get older and more complicated.

3 comments:

Karen said...

You are so wise to not wish this time away. It does pass quickly, but it does get to be a different fun. Not the same as sweet and innocent but exciting as these little people become more independent and capable of making good choices. (I'm waiting for the day they can fly on their own!)

Cathy Bloom said...

You definitely have the vision!

Linda said...

Riding a bike in the snow reminds me of your brother Joel. He would have done the same thing at that age. and now he's a daddy himself.