Saturday, June 19, 2010

Adam turned 1!

I guess the cupcake was a little more than he was ready for.


Adam turned 1 on June 2nd. I am still in denial. We celebrated with our good friends who had their baby the same day as Adam just down the hall in the hospital.

He is crawling everywhere. He takes a few steps here and there but usually falls/is knocked over. He has 5 teeth. 3 up top, 2 on the bottom. He LOVES to climb. His favorite place to hang out is on the step stool in the bathroom. He climbs up there and turns on the water, sucks on Claire or Ian's toothbrush, (Shhh!) The funny thing about that is, he can't get back down so he usually starts yelling jibberish to me when he needs rescuing.

He loves when Ian and Claire chase him. Even more when THEY crawl to chase him. Last week he had crawled onto a sleeping bag and Ian was towing him around the house. It was ADORABLE. Sadly we have entered the phase where showering for me is the worst part of my day. He DOES NOT LIKE CONTAINMENT! On Thursday I put him in his crib with the portable DVD player with a Baby Einstein video. HE HATED IT. It was like I was torturing him! I decided, for all I do for the kids during the day, they can give me 30 minutes to let me make myself look like a human.

In other news, Claire turned 6. If I can get my act together that will be the next post.

5 comments:

April Bishop said...

Happy Birthday Adam!

Linda said...

Happy FIRST Birthday Adam.
Can't wait to see new pix of Claire.
Aunt Linda C

Becca said...

Dang he's cute! At some point I've really got to meet the little tyke :).

Karen said...

I can't believe it's been SO LONG since I held him in my arms. Hurry! Hurry!! HURRY!!!

Rachel DeFreese said...

You look beautiful, even if you feel greasy and smudged with cheerios/cupcakes/boogars!