Surgical lights that is. Okay more like Tuesday morning lights, but I thought that was more catchy. I was waiting for Claire to come home on the school bus yesterday and my back and stomach were starting to ache. I blew it off, as always. An hour later I was unable to stand up. Another hour later, I had taken a quick bath and ate a little bit of dinner. (I assumed I didn't feel good because I have been doing Weight Watchers and my body NEEDS cookies!)
I had vomited up dinner and was on the couch and after not being able to walk to the bathroom to pee, when I realized something was wrong. That and I was convinced I was dying. We called a friend to watch the kids and I laid down in the back of Rob's Camry and he took us to the hospital.
Yada Yada Yada, I'm REALLY tired today. (That is supposed to be funny, it's from Seinfeld.)
They decided to give me a CT scan to take a peek at my innards. I had to drink a cup of goo every half hour for 2 hours before they could do it. I was on lots and lots of morphine, but when it started to wear off I would feel nauseous. I called the nurse twice for more, but when she didn't come in time with more, I vomited every last bit of goo. So they took out my appendix. It was terribly comforting to have men that we knew do the operation. Not that I had any worries about being in good hands. Though having family friends seeing your unmentionables is less than ideal.
So here I am in my shared hospital room with "Karen" (not to be mistaken for my mother in law) who curses up a storm about getting the wrong breakfast. Has her reality TV show turned as loud as it goes at 5am. And swears at the poor sweet nurse when she tells her it isn't time yet for more narcotics. I take comfort in knowing that I will be paying for my hospital bill as well as hers. Seriously though, I LOVE AMERICA! (That was for you Steph!)
I get very sentimental when I am convinced I am dying. I want you to know how much I love each of you. Even though I don't write on your Facebook wall. Even though I don't write it on the internet. Each of you has a special place in my heart. (Except any blog stalkers I don't know out there.)
I LOVE and ADORE my family. Although most of you just hear about how naughty the kids are-you have to admit, they make for funny blog posts, I don't usually write the sentimental things online for the world to see. I absolutely LOVE being the Mom. Having these precious creatures call me Mommy melts my heart.
Heavenly Father has blessed me with the most amazing man. I feel like I am the woman I am because he loves me. I am especially grateful for Christ this holiday season. He gave his life so we might be like him one day. It saddens me to hear of children who don't know of Jesus Christ, yet open presents on Christmas morning. I LOVE teaching my children of him and his teachings and we LOVE doing his work.

9 comments:
Some people will do anything to get a rest at Christmas time!! Your roommate sounds alot like me when I'm hurting bad enough! Except I pay my own bills :) Get well quick, sweetie! We love you more than you can imagine. xoxox
Whoa Juliann--What a crazy few days. I'm so sorry you had such a painful experience. And glad everything's better. Yay for good doctors (who we regularly see at church :) )
So glad you're ok!
Glad you are feeling better, that your inners are now your outers ;) and that you are going to be alright! Much love to your way!
Seriously glad you got that taken care of and didn't die because you've got a date you can't miss in February!!!!! See you soon.
I am so glad that you have survived the unplanned appendectomy! You are so loved!!
so glad your ok, and that your feeling better. Merry Christmas!
Wow! You know how to spice up the holidays! I hope you recover in time to really enjoy Christmas! Thinkinaboucha and sending you some love! xo
This is my favorite post yet! (And not just for the shout out to me!) I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. SO MISERABLE. But I'm glad you are all better! I miss you!
Post a Comment