Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Cheapskate Next Door


Yesterday we had a snow day. An April Fools snow day. We didn't smell fresh air all day long, so when Rob got home he took us for an outing to the dollar store for the kids to pick up a prize for earning 5 stars on their star charts.


Next we headed over to Borders. I was in the personal finance section and I saw the book, 'The Cheapskate Next Door'. We own the book 'The Millionaire Next Door' and we think it is fascinating, so this book caught my eye. I read through it and was thinking, WOW, I need to get this book. Then I looked at the price, $12.99! Do they really think a cheapskate would pay that much for a book?! Then I thought, I can either get it cheaper on Amazon.com or for free from the library. I truly am the cheapskate next door.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Really!! Who pays $12.00 for a book?!

Carla and crew said...

you are in good company, "Cheapskate"!