Thursday, March 20, 2008

50 things you always wanted to know about me!

Okay Dev. Here are 50 random things about me! I thought 100 might get boring. But I promise to do 50 more another day. Sorry the #'s got mixed up.

  1. I love to cook, sometimes I experiment a bit too much, but someday I will win the Pillsbury Bake-off.
  2. I can’t stand fingernail polish. Clear is acceptable though.
  3. But my toes have to be painted. Anything BUT clear.
  4. I HATE folding clothes. Okay, I don’t mind it, but the kids unfold them.
  5. I love to jog with my kids.
  6. I’m the slowest jogger you have ever seen. Hey, I have to stop every 3 minutes to pick up the bag of cheerios!
  7. I keep candy hidden from Rob in the kitchen.
  8. I LOVE the clearance racks! Or “treasure hunting”
  9. I used to drive a Chevy Nova that my friend Rachel called “the Bullet”
  10. I watched every episode of “the World Series of Pop Culture”
  11. I brush Claire’s teeth every night and floss every other night.
  12. I’m not that consistent with Ian. As you could tell from the last picture I posted. That was tooth-brushing day.
  13. I have to have my teeth brushed, make up off and contacts out before bed. None of this falling asleep on the couch business over here.
  14. In the summer, I have to wash my feet before bed.
  15. My favorite song lately is Blue October, Calling You. I think it’s sweet.
  16. I will walk in front of our windows in my skivvies. I duck if I can see anyone is home next door.
  17. I am OBSESSED with chap stick. Lately it’s Burt’s Bees.
  18. I say I’m going to bed at 9 every night, then at 11:30 I get mad at myself.
  19. I don’t like Harry Potter. It’s a little too dark for me. It makes me feel yucky inside.
  20. 2 Christmas’ ago Rob bought me a leather jacket, that I really wanted, but I returned it because I wanted some ski’s instead.
  21. My ski’s I bought at the thrift store for $10 they are the best ski’s ever.
  22. I went skiing when Ian was less than 3 weeks old.
  23. I forgot Easter one year, Claire’s first! And Rob got the teddy grahams out of the cupboard along with some toys from the toybox for Claire’s Easter basket.


  1. One time, Claire at a bug that was in her windowsill.
  2. I love to mow the lawn, but I hate to mow the hilly part, so I only mow 1/3 of it.
  3. I love the smell of bleach and fresh cut grass.
  4. I wish I could put Claire in time out for talking too much!
  5. Today, I had the car door open while I was trying to get snow off the car and I ran the windshield wipers and snow filled the drivers seat.
  6. I love to strap the kids down and go for a drive.
  7. I love to nap.
  8. I make Ian cry in his crib some days while I take a shower.
  9. I HAVE to shower, blow-dry, flat iron and make up EVERYDAY, or I feel ugly.
  10. I set a timer for 5 minutes and RUN around the house picking things up.
  11. Our downstairs doors (inside the house) don’t close in the summer. Must be the humidity.
  12. I’m a procrastinator. I think best under pressure.
  13. On Sunday, I taught the most awesome RS lesson with Ian in the Baby Bjorn. My friend told me she always likes to have a kid in her arms, that way if she looks frazzled people think, well, she has a kid in her arms. That’s why I did it!
  14. I love to blog stalk. Yeah, that’s right. And I’ve probably googled YOU! But only if we lost touch along the way and I was looking for you!
  15. I am aspiring to be Suzy Homemaker.
  16. I LOVE pasta. I could eat it every meal. And salad.
  17. During the winter, if I leave the baby wipes in the car and they’re frozen and I need them at church, I microwave them in the church’s kitchen!
  18. I only have 4 hours left on my DVR.
  19. Matrix sleek looks, is the best product line I’ve ever used.
  20. I don’t really like cats all that much. We had one growing up and I LOVED her and when we had to get rid of her I was so heartbroken, I haven’t liked them since.
  21. I love putting together 1000 piece puzzles.
  22. I bug Rob weekly to let me wax his eyebrows. He won’t budge.
  23. I buy pregnancy tests at the dollar store. THEY WORK!
  24. I have a $3 late fee at the library, I keep forgetting to bring cash.
  25. I NEVER have cash. I use my debit card for everything.
  26. Yesterday Claire put all our pennies into the coinstar and it totaled $8.03. She got some new dress up shoes.
  27. I love to play skipbo and phase 10. Rob and I always bet something, then I lose.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Jules, this is pretty funny because a lot of these things I recognize as being the same as when you were a teenager! Some things don't change (not that that's at all a bad thing) :). Glad to know you're still the same girl :).

What about Tabasco sauce?

dev said...

amen on the Tabasco sauce... I remember the collection you had going...

I love this post. It's fun to learn quirky little things about others...

Rob and Juliann said...

More on the tabasco sauce to come!