I feel like taking a black garbage bag to the playroom. I'm cleaning it. (although I'm taking a break) It seems like no one ever wants to go in there because there is no order and the door won't even open all the way! There are too many toys in the way. When Rob built Claire's toy box, for X-mas a few years ago, it was so huge and now, it's not big enough! I have in the past, gone in and put everything in accesible baskets. Now, they are going in bins with locking lids so the Little People have to be put away before the kitchen toys come out! We'll see how long that lasts for.
I'm also waiting for the FedEx man to come and make my week. I bought a new DOUBLE jogging stroller. YAY! The weather has been so nice all week long and I hope it keeps up so I can go running with my peeps!
2 years ago

3 comments:
Something I do is ration the toys. We put some in larger tubs and rotate them between the playroom and the garage. That way there is less to clean up day-to-day and when you switch out the tubs it is like they are getting all new toys again. Good luck though!
It is so sad... but I make a trip to DI every couple of months with a black bag full of toys.... I can't believe how quickly they pile up...
I have also done the "trade the tub idea" it works really good too! But, now I have 4 tubs in the basement...
WILL IT EVER END?? although, I will be really sad when there are NO toys in my house too.....
I feel your pain, rotation like Jen said is a great way to keep toys fresh and to manage space. Also place pictures of the item that is in the container with a the word spelled out really big and this will help your little ones learn to put back things where they belong.
Sara
Post a Comment