Monday, March 31, 2008

Ladybugs

There are so many funny things that happen everyday and I wish I wrote them all down...In the springtime, we have ladybugs in our house. I'm not really sure why, but alot of homes out here get them. Especially homes with direct sunlight. Every sunny afternoon there are 10+ ladybugs crawling around the living room window. Last year, Claire and I put a ladybug into a container and put grass and dirt in there with a little bit of water so she could have a "pet". She kept it for a few days then I felt bad for the thing and set it loose outside.

On Sunday, Claire saw another ladybug and ran into the kitchen looking for a "atainer" to put it in. Then she grabbed the drawing of Jesus with the children off the fridge. (I didn't notice, I don't think pictures of Jesus should help us collect bugs, even if it is a drawing, but that's just my opinion).

I finished my project in the kitchen then went to see how the ladybug capturing was going. I walk in and Claire is yelling "the ladybug is carrying the cheerio!" I laugh at the sight. It was actually pushing the cheerio. Then Ian with his chubby little pinchers is trying to pick it up. He picked it up and threw it, as he throws everything. It landed on his pants. He obviously didn't notice so Claire got it in her container and captures the poor bug.

This morning she comes into the kitchen and says, "my ladybug LOVES swimming!" Yes, sadly. The container was filled with water. But the thing I don't understand was the ladybug looked like it was crushed first by some unaware toddler. Poor ladybug.

2 comments:

dev said...

it is so funny to watch kids with little buggies... it cracks me up that they don't realize their strength... and they just squish them all....

funny bugs.

Sara said...

Cute story and super funny kids!