Thursday, May 15, 2008

The calm after the storm? Or the calm before the storm?


I LOVE this magazine. I signed up for it on Kraft's website and it is the best magazine. I got it in the mail today and I just sat in the car by the mailbox reading it. Go sign up for it. It's free.
Yesterday started out to be great. We went to the museum with some friends and had a great time. The weather was great, the kids were well behaved, all was going really good...until we got home.
Ian had fallen asleep in the car. When we got home I decided to fill his belly with food and put him back to bed. That didn't work out as I had hoped. He screamed in his crib until Claire went in and jumped in with him. I got him out and put Claire in and covered her up, thinking she will probably fall asleep. Nope. So I let Ian play for a little while until he was showing signs of wear and tear, then again, filled his belly full of food and put him down. Screamed again for a while. So I decided since they are both awake, I may as well do my shopping.
So our first stop was the bread store. THEY WERE OUT OF BREAD! Shouldn't there be a Seinfeld about this? I kind of lost my motivation after that. So we just went to get milk. And all I want to say about that journey is...well...I'd better not vent about dumb people. Some people are just dumb.
Then after lots and lots of tears, a bit of yelling and 40 minutes of Daddy, we (Claire and I) tidied up the house and put the kids to bed.
So now, my house is in order. Grocery shopping done, laundry all done, gas tank full, house is clean and so far today the kids are happy. So is this the calm after the storm or the calm before the next storm?

5 comments:

Karen said...

Let's see....screaming kids, no bread, dumb people.....that sounds like a storm to me!!! My guess is tomorrow will be the quiet!

Sara said...

I love this mag, it has great ideas in it. Hey, the but shot was to cute.

Jen H said...

Good question! And I love the Kraft mag too. I have been getting it for over a year now and a lot of my favorite recipes have come from it.

Cathy Bloom said...

i take this magazine-oh my gosh---last year they had the most wicked chocolate cake on the cover!!!
the recipes are not low sugar or low fat-so they are really good!

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

I signed up... and got Travis signed up too... now that he's all out on his own. Maybe now he won't have to call me or mom for food ideas/how to cook!