I've learned some very important lessons these past few days. Rob has been at scout camp and I have been holding down the fort. Somedays I just think, I'm not as smart as I think I am.
Lesson #1
Just because Elyssa is woman enough to change her oil, doesn't mean I am woman enough. Okay, I HAVE done this before and I am not a dumb girl, but I laid under the car for 45 minutes trying to unscrew the....screw thing that keeps the oil in. I did manage to change the oil filter and get oil all over our driveway and my hand before calling for back up. My wedding ring was covered. I've been scrubbing it with dish soap every time I'm in the bathroom hoping to get the black and stink out.
Lesson #2
Rob took the last bottle of contact solution with him. Leaving me to wear my spectacles before getting to the store. Well, yesterday I though I'd rinse them off with...ready...saline NASAL spray. Hey, saline right? Yesterday the eyes burned a little, but no problem. I soak my contacts in them last night. (Feeling rather brilliant I might add) and this morning rinsed them again and put them in.
2 minutes later I COULD NOT keep my eyes open. The tears were POURING out. I was thinking, okay 2 minutes of tears and they will be fine. They weren't, I picked up Ian and took him to his crib so I could take care of this problem in peace. I had to feel the walls to know where I was going and every time I did open them, they wouldn't stay open. I got to the bathroom and my face was BRIGHT red, tears flowing, nose running I was probably drooling too, who knows. So today, I will be sporting my nerdy glasses. NOTE TO SELF, Saline nasal spray is NOT good for the eyes. I'm sure my opthamologist is just shaking his head. My eyes are burning just talking about this.
Lesson #3
With Rob being gone, I've decided, I'm not quite ready for another.
I had to put up a picture of Rob because he is SO handsome and we miss him!

10 comments:
My mother used to say something about if someone else jumped off a bridge, would you do it too? Just because somebody else chooses to change the oil on her car, YOU DON'T HAVE TOO! And aren't you glad somethings should remain in the "men's domain" like oil changing, lawn mowing, garbage, etc. If they think we can do all these things, will they not let us...forever?? Knowing how and doing are two different things, by the way. Rick your ring maker says a little ammonia on a toothbrush should clean your ring ring up. Sorry, I can't help with your eye, except to say the cleaning solution feels just as bad :)
oh dear Jules.... oh dear.
Ok, you are a brave one for trying to change your own oil. I leave that one up to the experts and putting saline nose spray on your contacts, what where you thinking? :) LOL
juliann-juliann-juliann-your mother loves you-and you are sooo funny!!!--sorry that it hurt so bad!
... you seriously crack me up....
Wow, when you were telling me on the phone last night that you were soaking them in nasal saline solution, I said, "oh my gosh, are you crazy, that is salty stuff." You were so sure you were a genius. Very nice try though genius. Thanks for the tip. I will be running to walgreens next time I run out instead of looking in the juliann's booking of oh I wonder if this will do the trick book. You are a funny girl! I just love YA!
#1--YOU ARE THE WOMAN!!!!
#1a--J-I-F-F-Y-L-U-B-E
#1b--The oil on your wedding ring. A symbol that you should remember you married the oil changer.
#2--Your glasses = not nerdy (I think they're VERY cute.
#2a--Thanks for trying the nasal spray. I've always wondered about that.
#3--You are amazing, Julianne. Saw you myself at the park today while Claire went 55 mph down a hill on Ian's Little Tikes car. You are the best mom ever!!!
Wow! I don't even know what to say, other than Jiffy Lube and nice try on being ingenious.
While I appreciate the compliment, the only reason I did it was because Sarah was really doing it... and I knew Peter didn't really think I could or would actually do it. I'm a prove you wrong kind of girl. Way to go! Not only are you a fun cute mom, you already knew how to change the oil AND you did it.
Nasal spray, bad. Creative, but bad. Cute glasses, though.
Great stories! At least you haven't (not that I know of) brushed your teeth with that baby butt cream, whatever it's called.
Post a Comment