Rob had a AIAA (American institute of aeronautics and aerospace) convention in Hartford, Connecticut this week so we left Sunday after church and traveled south. The kids and I had a great time exploring and getting away from normal everyday life. Here are some things I learned on our journey.
1. When you are given a gangster car (a black Chrysler 300 with tinted windows) try to stay east of Hartford.
2. If the floor in your hotel room wasn't vacuumed, ask for another room right away, before you find used washcloths in the bathroom. (It was a Sheraton, I had higher expectations)
3. No matter how close you are...don't attempt to go to NYC alone with the kids. Traffic.
4. Why Ian's smile always looks so funny...he's ALWAYS got a fat lip. Trouble that boy.
5. The kids are completely happy with some pine cones and dirt after a long day in the car.
6. IKEA. Where do I begin with Ikea? Family bathrooms, cafeteria, childcare.
7. I could write a book about how to keep your family fed in a hotel room with just the hot water from the coffee maker and the ice bucket.
8. If the husband tells you to drive to the end of the street and then turn around, you should listen to him. (Or else work your magic with the old man at the parking garage that you've now entered into)
9. Don't panic when Claire makes comments about the color of peoples skin. Just laugh and tell them we live in a small Caucasian town. Hopefully they will laugh too.
10. Always keep a roll of quarters in your purse. You may need them for parking, carousel rides, tolls etc.
Oh yes and note to self: Next time bring camera! (the pic is a few weeks old)
1. When you are given a gangster car (a black Chrysler 300 with tinted windows) try to stay east of Hartford.
2. If the floor in your hotel room wasn't vacuumed, ask for another room right away, before you find used washcloths in the bathroom. (It was a Sheraton, I had higher expectations)
3. No matter how close you are...don't attempt to go to NYC alone with the kids. Traffic.
4. Why Ian's smile always looks so funny...he's ALWAYS got a fat lip. Trouble that boy.
5. The kids are completely happy with some pine cones and dirt after a long day in the car.
6. IKEA. Where do I begin with Ikea? Family bathrooms, cafeteria, childcare.
7. I could write a book about how to keep your family fed in a hotel room with just the hot water from the coffee maker and the ice bucket.
8. If the husband tells you to drive to the end of the street and then turn around, you should listen to him. (Or else work your magic with the old man at the parking garage that you've now entered into)
9. Don't panic when Claire makes comments about the color of peoples skin. Just laugh and tell them we live in a small Caucasian town. Hopefully they will laugh too.
10. Always keep a roll of quarters in your purse. You may need them for parking, carousel rides, tolls etc.
Oh yes and note to self: Next time bring camera! (the pic is a few weeks old)

1 comments:
Sounds like a great trip. I could only imagine the fun you had navigating in NYC. Oh and once I asked the housekeeper for the vacuum so I could vacuum my own hotel room. (She was doing a terrible job)
Post a Comment