Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The year of the Peacock



Why. WHY ME? Last Christmas, all Claire wanted was a peacock and a hula hoop. I almost died looking for a stupid peacock. Do you know how hard they are to find when you actually need one? A few days ago I decided Claire needs to be something for Halloween. "What do you want to be Claire?" "I want to be A PEACOCK Mom!" I wanted to get in my closet, curl up in the fetal position and CRY! Instead, I held it together, swallowed and said in my best enthusiastic voice, "That sounds like fun. Let's see what we can do"
We went months without saying that dirty word in our home and now when she knows I will meltdown at that word. What are my options? Feathers somehow glued to...a coat hanger or something? With a blue leotard perhaps? I NEED YOUR IDEAS! The only peacock costumes I found online are for up to 24 lbs or for skanky women and also I found one for $48 but you know I'm not thank kind of girl. I need your ideas. NOW! Surely my scrappy friends can give me some great ideas.
The great thing I've got on my side right now is I have to go to Concord Thursday night to meet with the Stake Pres so I could probably squeeze in some "real" shopping.

4 comments:

Ward-a-Loo's said...

Good Luck! I will brain storm for ya, if I come up with anything I'll let you know. Your kids have such fun personalities! Just think...what if they were just like other kids? Life wouldn't be so exciting! I love the ladybugs too.

Becca said...

Hmm, I think that they carry peacock feathers (fake or real, not sure) at craft stores. You could glue some together and then just make some sort of head for her and blue stockings?

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

http://cgi.ebay.com/PEACOCK-FAIRY-DRESS-COSTUME-3T-4T-SO-CUTE_W0QQitemZ160291771048QQcmdZViewItemQQssPageNameZRSS:B:SRCH:US:101

April Bishop said...

I'll call you. I love a good halloween challenge!!