Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mandatory


So here I am in time out. I explained to Claire that if I didn't have a time out right now, I was going to start spanking bums (which I have only done a few times) and I'd rather not have battered children so here I sit reflecting the word that started this...jump in my blood pressure.

MANDATORY

White Trash Moment #739

Who: Juliann and children
What: Mandatory group appointment
When: 3-4pm
Where: DHMC
Why: WHO THE HECK KNOWS!
Description: For pregnant women who are too busy/dumb to read a pregnancy book. And to fill out paperwork.

I'd rather not go any further. I don't want this post to be too negative. Instead I'll talk about some of life's new joys.

Subway. 6 inches of HEAVEN...veggie sub on Italian herb and cheese bread. American cheese, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Pickles, Olives, Red onions, Bell peppers, Banana peppers, a HUGE handful of Jalapeno peppers, plain red vinegar.

Limes. Just one lime. 2 will make my tummy sick. But when eaten like an orange, especially in the bathtub, is truly one of life's pleasures. My dentist would give me a lashing if she knew.

My mouth is watering.

10 comments:

Brenda Sue said...

Well, what about family who don't read everyone else's blogs? How are THEY suppose to know you're having a baby if you don't put it on the family blog? Congrats!

Cathy Bloom said...

i am so glad that "teddy" has another person to love and squeeze him!!

Matt and Maren said...

oh, the meeting went that good huh?

Sarah said...

YUM, that sandwich looks soo good. oh, baby. Yeah, those 'meetings' are so completely ridiculous. I sucked up every second of it with my first and then flat out refused the rest. What are they going to do, not let you have your baby? sorry you had to go through that. Next time, just say no. ;)

Alyssa said...

So, the group thing totally sucked? Sounds weird anyway... Glad that you found something yummy to eat.... Good call, making sure the unborn doesn't get SCURVY! Nerd! No one eats limes in the bath tub!

Linda said...

You came out of the closet (with child) now your in the bath tub with limes good greef I can't keep up with ya. Make it chocolate and I'll be there.

Sara said...

I am totally hearing you on needing a timeout. I love sending myself to the naughty step for some much needed r&r!

misty said...

Juliann, I love your honesty and wit. Can I get some on a big sandwich - and hey, you're pregnant - they have deals on 12 inch sandwiches, you know.

Shelene said...

I think pickles have a special place in a pregnant woman's heart!

Cathy Bloom said...

they started doing that to me with child number 2-they would just die if they knew i had 5!
of which you were #4!