Monday, May 4, 2009

Roadkill

In front of the Palmyra Temple, we saw this nasty reptile in the road.
Rob decided to be a hero and save his life, even though I was yelling and screaming at him to put it down.
Another one of God's creatures saved. It's a "snapper turtle." I'm not sure their purpose on earth, but surely they have one...Right?

9 comments:

Eric Westover said...

Dear Rob,
You are my hero.
Sincerely,
Eric

that was one weird looking animal!

The Duckers said...

What a wired looking turtle/dragon thing.
Your husband is just too kind!! :o)

Yeah, root canal! Pricey little birthday present. :o) Luckily it was a tooth with only one root.

Karen said...

It's probably some endangered species and you guys saved it for the future generations!! Too bad you didn't let Ian help :)

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

Uh... what is that thing? Looks like something one of our brothers would call a "pet".... So wrong...on so many levels. Thanks Rob... maybe he'll return the favor someday? (What?)

Brenda Sue said...

Rob is probably so much cooler in Ian and Claire's eyes now that he saved a cool animal from being roadkill. At least it wasn't a snake!!

Unknown said...

Turtles are my favorite animal, but snapping turtles are just plain UGLY! I probably would have just kept going :-)

April Bishop said...

That's a turtle? Who woulda guessed it? Way to be a hero, Rob.

Dana said...

Juliann- Is today your birthday? I'm trying to remember if it's the 7th or 8th of May. Or maybe I'm way off. Anyway . . . if it is, then HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! =)

Nicole said...

Quit cracking me up all the time! That turtle is bigger then I thought it was after seeing the first picture! Crazy hubbies!