This post is more of a journal for me, read it if you dare...
No wonder he has such a hard time sleeping, he can't keep his body on his bed. Last night Rob and I went to bed at 12:45. 1:30 Ian was awake (Rob was in charge of that one) 2:15 Adam was awake. I nursed/changed him and he went back to bed. 4:15 Ian comes down the stairs sobbing. He soaked through his diaper (he wears them at night still). I changed him and his sheets and was trying to coax him to get back into bed. While I was coaxing, I went to find "lamby" in Claire's room. I come back in his room and his closet door is open and he is asking for his Little People. Not wanting to fight, I got his People down and grabbed myself a few blankets and a pillow and had a camp out on his floor, falling asleep listening to him play. A little while later, Claire, who heard Ian playing comes in and lays down next to me and falls asleep. Then Ian finally comes and snuggles up to Claire and I. Rob was up at 5:15 to get to his morning meeting and Claire was awake because she heard a monster in the living room (Roberto stirring the fire). 7:10 Adam is awake and ready for the day.
I don't mean to bore you with our long night, I do have a point. I LOVE being the Mom. These kids come to me when ever they have needs. They trust me to take care of them. I adore them. If having these wonderful little creatures in my life means rough nights like last night, I'm still in. But I will take a Mt Dew to get me through the day.
I also LOVE having LITTLE kids. When Claire was a toddler, I struggled being the mom. Having to be responsible for another person all the time was exhausting and frustrating (sometimes it still is) and I couldn't wait until she/they grew up and took care of themselves. Somewhere along the line, (and with some very wonderful daily examples, another topic I need to blog about) I learned how to be the mom....and I like it. I LOVE these little troublemakers with all my heart. Who wouldn't LOVE this face?Okay, maybe that's one only a mother (and Grandma) would love.
Mr Handsome in the bath last night. My friend gave me the idea to put a floaty in the tub to help him sit up. He LOVED it...and he LOVED the old mysterious blue bowl, he was holding it up like a steering wheel for a little while and he was lounging with his legs up, it was ADORABLE.
3 years ago

7 comments:
melts my heart!
I could lick that face clean...and I don't even care what he's eating!!! Oh, the joys of long nights. The good news is, they don't last forever...they "came to pass."
Karen, that's breastmilk mixed with rice cereal, it's your call!
Awwww, good day! Thank you for those moments. Needed that today. Thank you.
It's worth it all!
Thanks for sharing! I knew I wasn't the only one that had nights like that (even though I only have one kid). It is wonderful... especially after a good nap, later in the day! Sweet dreams!
thanks for this post! you give me hope to enjoy the kiddos through my bleary tired eyes :)
Post a Comment