Sunday, March 21, 2010

Shamrock Shuffle

Yesterday our town had a fun run and a 5k. Rob and the kids ran the fun run and a few friends and I ran the 5k. We had a good time. I planned on running it a few months ago so I started running again. When it got closer I chickened out until a friend called and I decided it was supposed to happen. I set a conservative goal and beat it by 7 minutes.


After that we went to the park and had a picnic and watched the kids play. Then went home and bbq'd some cow. It was a wonderful day. The sun has been shining all week. The kids have been outside everyday taking sand out of the sandbox-naughty Ian, coloring every inch of pavement with sidewalk chalk and attempting to ride trikes down the front lawn.

4 comments:

Cathy Bloom said...

i am so impressed! alyssa and i walked 3 miles today- in port townsend!

Carla and crew said...

sounds absolutely wonderful to me! (all except the running a 5K part!!!) Keep up the good work.

Karen said...

I'm glad I'm to the "watch the kids play in the park" stage. When anyone asks me if I want to run, I just burst out laughing at the mental picture of me doing that. (I know, I should cry!)

Ruth Sagers said...

Mmmm . . . barbecued cow. I love bbq cow. Way to go on beating your goal!