Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sick days


Lets talk about how much it sucks to be sick when you are the mom. Being sick just sucks, but being sick when you are the mom sucks even more. Last night I dreamed all night long about throwing up. I know you wanted to know this. This morning I was feeling so yucky and throwing up. I laid on the couch ALL DAY LONG. Seriously. I showered when it was still early thinking I was still going to make it to church (and substitute in the nursery) As Rob left for his meetings I got up and made myself presentable, then laid back down on the couch. Yada yada yada, I can count on 1 hand the times I have gotten up today. My sweet husband took all the kids to church. Taught Gospel Essentials with Adam in tow and stayed after church for the "linger longer" so I could continue to sit there on the couch and whimper.


So after this crappy day I have several thoughts, Rob is awesome (but I already knew that) Claire will read all her books to me over and over again just to entertain me. Ian will come touch my tummy and say, "does this hurt?" No. "does this hurt?" A little harder, No. "What about THIS!" smacking me a even harder. Ahhh, love that kid to pieces. And Adam, I love the way he plays. Tonight Rob was squirting water in his mouth (from a bottle that he never sucks on) and he would close his mouth-with all the water in it and make adorable bubble noises while spitting out the water. He's so funny.

Don't even ask the question that is on your mind. The answer is no. And the pic is of the kids yesterday at the sugarhouse across the valley.

6 comments:

Becca said...

That was my first thought of course, but then I remembered how young Adam is still, and I decided you weren't that insane. Yeah, being the sick mom blows big time!! Although the kids do tend to distract a bit, which is nice :)

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. I really hate being sick and being the mother. Thank goodness for Rob. He really is a great guy! When I was sick, the whole family just stayed home from church ;) I hope you are feeling better. Sorry that you were sick. No fun.

Karen said...

Is it our fault you make such great babies?? It will always be the first thought that goes thru our minds. Hope you are better and remember, it's OK to take a sick day and really be down, especially if it's the weekend and Rob is home :)

Nicole said...

Are you pregnant?

Juliann said...

Nickle, yer fuddy. No.

Stephanie said...

Ha! Ha! Love this post! That was quite the day....