I have to write about this before I forget. Last week my friend and I were running. We ran 4 miles...or I guess more like 3.85 miles. The run out to the turn around was great. We talked the whole way out. Or maybe I should say gossiped. But the gossiping was good and her and I have a strict confidentiality rule. So it was an entertaining 2 miles.
When we got out there it was starting to sprinkle. Then we turned around and it started to rain a little harder. Then harder. Claire and Molly (no diaper Molly) were in the stroller being good girls, but really how good can they be when they are getting rained on? So we were sprinting back as fast as we could. I have never ran 2 miles so fast in my life. The energy was amazing. I feel like I could have kept it up for miles, if it weren't raining. Oh and it was getting really dark by this time.
We turned the last corner and the end was in sight so we just kept going as fast as our legs would let us. Then suddenly my ego took a spill. I had tripped over an old railroad...piece of giant railroad wood. So there I was on the muddy ground, covered in mud, my ego...covered in mud too. My leg hurt SO bad. I was out of breath and I started to cry. But just started to cry because Claire, being the concerned young lady that she is is looking back through the mesh in the stroller saying "It's okay Mom, be brave. You can be brave Mom. Dad will make it better when we get home." Then my tears turned into laughter. What a cute little girl I have. So I limped the rest of the way.
The leg is fine. It hurt so much later that night. On the drive home everytime I put the clutch in to shift I wanted to cry and walking up the stairs when I got home was...painful, but the next day it felt completely better.
I guess that's what I get for talking smack.

6 comments:
What a sweet girl you have raised! Did Rob kiss you and make it all better! (wink wink) You're a great example to be jogging. For my birthday I asked for a jogging stroller and got it. Jennah and I are going to start walking in the mornings... I want to be cool like you and run (or walk is fine!)with my baby!
http://blogs2books.blogspot.com
have you seen this site? Let me know what you think!
What a cute story. I love the part about Claire saying be brave. So sweet.
Thanks for the call.....thought I'd post the "thank-you" on your running in the rain blog post. You are awesome!
Hey, where did that realistic post go?
I had to delete it because I was trying to be uplifting...rather than sharing my thoughts on my "real" day.
Post a Comment