Lately I have been such an airhead at the expense of others.
A few days ago Claire was having a playdate with her little friend Molly. Claire was going potty and yelled for me to wipe her bum. As soon as I was in the bathroom Molly walked in and said "Poop in the potty" So I wiped Claire's cute little bottom and sent her to wash hands. I took off Molly's diaper only to find out she had already gone. Of course with my luck we now had poop on the floor. Then Ian wanders in. So I clean up Molly's cute little bottom and yank up her shorts with no new diaper on since I need to clean up poop and keep Ian out and wash Claire and Molly's hands. I get hands washed and floor sanitized and Ian out and continue the morning.
After Molly left Claire was in the bathroom again when I realized I still hadn't put a diaper on Molly. She was on her way home. So I called our friends cell phone several times in a huge panic. Finally he called back and I said "Molly doesn't have a diaper on!" Luckily it wasn't too late. She hadn't gone tinkle yet. Whew. I was so relieved until I got an email saying she did pee as soon as I got off the phone.
Story #2
We have been borrowing garden space at some friends house while they are away on a mission. Yesterday I went to move the sprinkler to the other side, I had the kids in the car and the windows rolled down. I turned on the water and watched to see where the water was going to go. (It's kind of a tempermental sprinkler, I've decided) I watch to my horror to see it pointed for the car. The next thing I hear is Ian screaming at the top of this lungs. The sprinkler had soaked him and the whole passenger side (inside) of the car.
I've been on a roll. What will today bring?
3 years ago

9 comments:
Classic...and I thought it was just me with mommy brain.
this is what happens when you are a mom!!! it gets crazier the more children you have-you just have to sit back and laugh!
btw you were a fun baby-remember seeing the pix of you with a bowl full of oatmeal on your head-on the pull out couch and i was feeding you and joel jumped on the couch and the bowl flew out of my hand and landed on top of your head!!!
oh dear Jules... you made my day with the stories. I'm glad to know I'm not alone and the only one with "mommy brain." It's a scary thing to have sometimes!!
In the weeks before I knew I was pregnant with Bonnie, I had three car accidents. I backed into three cars in the exact same place, three separate times. It was also the only time I ever bounced checks, and I cried for 45 minutes solid at a RS meeting when someone asked me how I was. Currently, I drive thru the PO with the letter in my teeth, and I still forget to drop it in the box. So cheer up! It'll get worse. :)
Way to go Jules! I guess water's not too bad for a kid though; you should have told him that you were just trying to cool him off, like any good mom would do :)
Karen are you suggesting I'm pregnant? I did promise you no more winter babies in NH
I would second the prego thing... it all sounds so familiar..... :)
come on girl. join the club! :)
Juliann, my dear, do you have something to tell me? Other than the fact that you have set the example of pure synergy--now all women should run 5 miles to their meetings....
karen--i did that also-with the letter for the drive thru post office-so now i hold the letter in my hand (all the way to town-12 miles) while my hands are on the steering wheel-that way i figure i cannot forget!
Post a Comment