Claire gave her first talk today and if I may say, she totally nailed it! She did such a great job. I thought she would be totally nervous and not say anything, but she said her whole talk-and then some. Rob and I worked with her this morning with it. She told me what she wanted to say and I wrote it down for her. Then we practiced several times. She was so good delivering the talk. She even had some of it memorized. We are so proud of her. She is such a funny kid. We have this book full of primary talks. She carried it around with her and took it up with her to the podium, opened it and said, "Mom, I don't need any help" Then she started using words like "Gospel, faith and Jesus Christ" It was so funny because I had her talk in my hand, we didn't even need the book she just wanted to hold it. I wish I could have taken a video of it.
So here is this famous talk that she came up with...
"The temple is a blessing for me and my family"
The temple is Heavenly Father's home. He helps us to be good and have wonderful days. I have to get bigger before I go to the temple. I want to get married in the same temple as Mom and Dad. I want them to take me to the temple. I have to be quiet and reverent in the temple.
Now I get to play while Mom and Dad are in the temple. Soon, I'll go in too. Heavenly Father is the nicest guy. He likes Jesus and Joseph Smith. (Okay, where does she come up with this?)
We have nice friends that help us to get to the temple. He (HF) keeps us safe when we go to the temple. One day when I was 2 1/2 I was at the temple with Mom, Dad and friends...(Steph, I just realized I'm about to rat out your kids) Everyone was running in the temples front yard. I told my friends to not run and to be reverent at the temple. Our family is blessed when we go to the temple. Our family will always be together because Mom and Dad made a good choice to be sealed in the temple. Yada Yada Yada, Amen.
Funny little girl. Her and I took some cute pictures today after church. I'm hoping to use them as grandma bait. With airline tickets so expensive, I figured I'd have to make her look as cute as possible to get some visitors.
3 years ago

9 comments:
She is choice and absolutely adorable!!!
What a nutter! I'm always amazed at the kinds of talks that kids that young can come up with. Of course, there's always the random part that is just a little wacky, but you gotta hand it to her -- she did a great job! She's awfully cute too :)
Great Job on teaching that girl the gospel. I love her choice of words and that she told you she didn't need help. So sweet.
What a beautiful young lady. I can't believe how grown up she is looking.
Okay the one of her lying on the blanket is my favorite...gotta love those freckles and baby blues! Good job on the talk too!
Ah. How come you didn't tell me? I would have enjoyed listening to her--but I would have liked to sit and watch you while she was talking. I could have provided the kleenex. :) Hope Ian is doing better.
What a cute cute girl! I'm sitting here laughing so hard at how cute that talk was! Thanks for brightening my day! =)
I wish you lived closer so that our baby girls could play together! She's such a beautiful example! Give her kisses for me!
We need to make plans for a Thomas family reunion, in Washington sometime... in the next 24 months!
Claire's talk was very lively! She is so cute. You are doing such a good job with her!
Post a Comment