Saturday, September 20, 2008

Stake Dances


I have fond memories of stake dances and temple trips. The Seattle Temple was about 2 hours from our house in Washington and the stake dances were about 30 minutes from the church and the leaders ALWAYS took us home afterwards. It was always so exciting. Who will we get to ride with? Who else will ride in the car? Our ward was full of FUN youth so half the fun was getting there.


One thing I NEVER thought of when I was a youth was the time and effort (not to mention gas) it took to get us screaming, laughing and probably annoying youth to our destination. The tables have turned. My YW leaders would probably laugh their heads off if they read this. But what a huge sacrifice they made for us girls.


Rob has been the Young Men's president for the past 2 years (is that right?) And he has been very lucky to have ducked out of many extra activities. But he still goes to a lot of activities. Most of the time I am happy to see him go and do this calling. Some days I want him to stay home. But I'm pretty sure this calling is for me. To learn about sacrifice and how serving the Lord isn't always as easy as taking someone dinner.


I posted a picture of Claire so her cuteness would attract your attention. This was taken yesterday afternoon.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Ahh, stake dances . . Yeah, I can only think of how obnoxious we must have been with all of our obsessing over boys and who we danced with for which song, etc. Yikes!

Sarah Evans said...

Cute picture!!!! I agree about the whole time commitment thing. I was in YW for two years and that's when I had my eyes opened to it all. What a great thing the youth program is. It's the great things that take sacrifice eh? Love reading your blog!

CatherineWO said...

Yes, Juliann, a calling with the YW or YM is very time consuming, but you were soooooooooooooo worth it!