Thursday, February 5, 2009

He did it!!



Ian went tinkle on the potty! He and Claire have been trying to potty train for the past few weeks and I'm not against it, but I'm not ready to tackle that chore right now, don't get me wrong, I'm supportive, but I'm not instigating it. But this morning, he sat, he peed, we rejoiced!

14 comments:

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

Claire helped him do it?... BRILLIANT little girl!!! When it's time for Jennah I'll be asking her for pointers!

The Good Life said...

Welcome to manhood Ian! Congratulations!

Karen said...

But the big question is...did he stand or sit???

Rob and Juliann said...

Oh I have NO intentions on introducing him to standing until he gets made fun of at school. Even sitting he got pee on the floor!

Sara said...

Congrats, imagine one less diaper to change.

Kristian Nordin said...

Yea, good job Ian!

Rulon and Lori said...

Way to go Ian! I think it's slightly easier with the second since they're always watching the oldest.

Alyssa said...

Tanner is 3.5 years old and he is still sitting to pee... At what point do we teach him to stand and shoot?

Karen said...

If I remember right, it was 4th or 5th grade before Rob got made
fun of :)

Jen H said...

I say let him sit until he wants to stand. It will be a while until he catches daddy in the act or learns it from one of his friends. That way you are not conquering the whole when to go potty along with the aiming issues.

Jared and Jess said...

Awesome! Good job Ian!

Brenda Sue said...

So was his potty victory a one day thing or has he been doing it ever since?

Rob and Juliann said...

Since then he's pooped on the potty and peed on the floor.

Grammie Norie and Poppy Vern said...

What a BIG boy Ian...so proud of you and BIG sister Claire helping you be a big boy is the very best! Don't worry about standing, they learn that all by themselves (outside) :-)