Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Stitches


It's been brought to my attention that I never blogged about Ian and his stitches. The Sunday of general conference we were having the missionaries over for dinner. I had finished making dinner and was making juice when Ian was moving chairs around the kitchen, when I heard a bang followed by screaming. I looked down and Ian's face was covered in blood. When we got him cleaned up I saw a slice that still gives me chills. When the missionaries arrived, we filled up the glad-wear and sent them on their way.

We spend a normal amount of time in the ER (3 hours) and Ian was an AMAZING patient. He didn't even cry during the stitches/shots. We kept telling him we would get him some chicken nuggets afterward and while the resident was stitching him up he kept saying "Nuggets!" It was pretty cute.  We picked up Claire and went and got some chicken nuggets and all sat around the table at 11:45 eating Burger King. It was quite the bonding experience. I hope to not do it again for a while.

PS. His shirt was SO dirty. I tried to change it before we went in, but he wasn't interested in looking presentable. 


5 comments:

Cathy Bloom said...

what a trooper!

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April Bishop said...

It had to happen sooner or later. Nuggies (in our world) are the best bribe ever!

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

it's amazing what these little angels will put up with! it drives me crazy that Jennah could be in pain and wouldn't let me know...

Way to go Hero Ian!!! Superman would be jealous!

Rachel DeFreese said...

Thank you glad ware and chicken nuggets!