Sunday, August 22, 2010

Summertime



We have been having one crazy summer. We went to Washington to visit family in July and had a WONDERFUL time. I wouldn't call it a vacation though. After about a week I was only getting an average about 5 hours a sleep each night. We RAN from one place to the next and LOVED every minute of it. The kids had a great time fishing with Grandpa, making tarts, collecting shells and playing with cousins and Aunts and Uncles.

Since we have been home we have been trying to whip the vacation out of the kids. I'm not going to lie to you, it's been HARD getting them back on track. I have high hopes for this week. I have been working on maintaining order and keeping life as structured as possible. Needless to say, I CAN NOT WAIT FOR SCHOOL TO START! I know that is bad to say and I will miss Claire SO much when she is gone for almost 8 hours EVERYDAY but WE NEED ORDER! Who knew I was this much of a control freak.

Other than me being a control freak, we have been going to the park, the pool, riding bikes, playing in the dirt/sand/mud and various other activities such as time out, chores and running lame errands.


2 comments:

Linda Westover said...

Great picture of Rob and the kiddos! We were glad to be part of your hectic visit in Washington.

misty said...

Your blog is wonderful. You have such a wonderful realistic and happy view of life. And such a great family. Miss you.