Friday, October 8, 2010

Lost River Gorge

So for any of you who live in/plan on visiting NH you have GOT to GO to the Lost River Gorge. We went a few weeks ago and it was SO worth it! These caves are down in a gorge and you have to crawl through them. The kids AND adults LOVED crawling and shimmy-ing through the tight spots under 50 feet of solid granite.




If you can't squeeze through this you won't fit in the cave. I fit, whew.
Going down into one of the caves. Super cool.

4 comments:

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

You had me until the "squeezer gauge"... I started to panic about getting stuck and that was just READING about tight spots under 50 feet of granite. I'm planning on visiting NH someday... but please... DO NOT take me there!!!.... I don't want to get stuck in NH... unless it's in your home!

Karen said...

I had the same concern...stuck in the rock! What happens if you don't fit thru? You just have to wait for everyone to come back? I'll bring a book! (or is there shopping near by??)

Brenda Sue said...

So this comment has nothing to do with the cave, but it is meant for Rob. I like the goatee!! And Juliann, I am glad you didn't get stuck.

Stephanie said...

Awesome pictures! We love Rob's beard! :)